Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Great Escape

All had been quite at 221b Baker Street.  Monty Moriarty and Ramble DeAmble were securely locked up.  Harlow Holmes suddenly had time to endeavor in one of her favorite hobbies - stick chewing - and I found myself with time to catch up on reading.  It was during one of these lazy days that I discovered news most disturbing. 
Monty Moriarty escapes!!




Monty Moriarty was indeed a mastermind!  How had he escaped?  I was worried about having to once more face the diabolical Moriarty. 
Diabolical, indeed!
In a panic I rushed to Harlow Holmes and gave her the paper to read.  She read it, and then looked sadly at me.  She was in a pique, due to the fact the paper left out one "great" and could not be bothered.
Leave me to dis stick, da Momma!
I decided I should be the one to help detectives and, after donning my coat, left the warm house and ventured out into the rain.  In no time at all I was at the crime scene and studying the clues left behind.  The detectives had already marked the clues, and were eager to show me what they had found.  I will lay them out for you here, so that you may study them along side me.

Of course, the scene of the crime had been carefully documented, and it was apparent Moriarty had escaped by tunneling under the secure walls.
Unfortunately, the guards had to block the route and compromised the crime scene.
The next clue the detectives insisted was important, but I wasn't sure how it tied to the case...
Wood?  Why was there wood at the crime scene?
I suddenly remembered Moriarty's accomplice, Ramble DeAmble, also serving time for assisting his friend.  DeAmble was well known for his love of imported wood, and was often seen with a piece between lip and gum.  I added him to the list of suspects to question.
Ramble DeAmble!
I mentioned DeAmble's name to the detectives and they added nodded gravely, agreeing that he was indeed a person of interest.  They then mentioned another fellow, whom they believed was working on the outside to help Moriarty escape. 
Only known as "Major" - this fellow could be trouble!
We decided to quickly finish processing the clues - we needed to find Moriarty!
The next clue - someone tried to destroy evidence!
We believe this was how Moriarty was getting messages to his accomplice on the outside.  However, there wasn't much left to determine what was said.  How I wish Harlow Holmes were here - she'd know a way!

One of the detectives called me over, having just discovered a pawprint in the mud by the gate.
Hmmmm....
After careful deliberations, we determined that the footprint was from a single suspect, with carefully manicured nails, who would be wearing a size 1 shoe, if he wore shoes at all.  These were Moriarty's pawprints! Ramble DeAmble and Major were cleared!
Cleared!
With a sigh, I looked out across the country side.  Where was Monty Moriarty?  ...and just what was he planning?
He could be anywhere!
It was then I noticed Harlow Holmes standing on the edge of the crime scene.  She looked at me, her face serious and grave.  I knew now that she was on the case. 
Are you ready for the chase, da Momma Watson?
I straightened my coat and went to stand beside her.  Harlow Holmes would once again face her greatest adversary, Monty Moriarty, and I only hoped that I would be of some assistance.

To be continued....

16 comments:

  1. *whew* Not only are we waiting with bated breath (or baited breath in the case of those who just had some salmon snacks) for the next installment, but we are glad to hear that Ramble DeAmble has been cleared!

    *kissey face*
    -Saint Fiona the Patient, Crazy Daisy, and Lucy-Fur

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back on a case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness Harlow Holmes is on the case to help you!! WHERE IS MONTY MORIARTY!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD, this is quite the mystery!!! I am sure glads you are on the case!!! I'll wait with my pitcher of margaritas for the next chapter....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ! this is truly a mystery of epic proportions and I hope you find him soon. The story is sure to make front page news and all the TV networks everywhere.

    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my cats this is a nail biter and we are waiting with baited fishy breath for the next installment.
    hugs madi and mom
    PS we giggled a bit through it

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMD...this is quite the mystery, and the game is certainly "a-paw"!

    We can't wait for the next installment!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello harlow its dennis the vizsla dog hay the gaym is afut!!! or like the llb gang sed a paw!!! ha ha ha ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, WOW! I love a good mystery!!! This is better than TV!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harlow will be smart enough to solve this case! I can't wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. My. Mouses.

    MOUSES!

    What on Earth is gonna happen next? Inquirin' minds sure do wanna know. purrs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your are a great detective! Looks like you are having a fun time playing outside. Hope you have a nice rest of the week. Thanks for the share, keep up the posts.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're waiting and biting our nails.

    ReplyDelete