Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Swimfest

This week has been very busy with Sam and Monty. They are settling in well together, and Monty is shaping up to be the good dog we know he can be! Today we took both Sam and Monty to AZGRC's annual Swimfest! The boys had a great time!

Welcome to AZGRC's Swimfest!


We let Monty off leash as soon as we got there, but were a little hesitant with Sam. He doesn't always realize that he is a dog!

Please, Mom, can I go play too?
How could we resist?


Both boys had a new bandana to wear! I finished sewing these just in time for them to wear to this event!
"S" for Super Sam...


...and "M" for Mighty Monty!



Lots of dogs were already in the pool when we got there.


I went to find Monty to see if he wanted to go swimming. We didn't think that Sam would swim, but we were sure that Monty would! How could he not want to? Look at how much fun these Goldens are having!


Look at this guy diving in!


To our surprise, Monty wanted nothing to do with the water!


Both dogs had a great time visiting with everyone.

Here is Sam being very social and greeting everyone...


...and here is Monty!


This is great, Mom!


Of course, Sam couldn't resist asking for a little food from everyone too!

Excuse me, Sir? I'm the food inspector - I'll need to test that hotdog to make sure it is fit for human consumption...


When that didn't work, he moved on and tried other people...

What?? I'm just offering to help them finish their food!


Sam did find a little time to visit with his Mom.


This sweet girl kept coming up and asking Aaron for attention!


I think both boys had a great day! Did you have fun, Mr. Monty?

I sure did, Mom!


How about you, Sam?

I've had a wonderful day, Mom!

26 comments:

  1. Now that looks like a great day! Love your bandanas. Your mommy did a great job on them! Rest well this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like SO much fun. Lots of goldens, wow.

    LOVE the bandanas....I think I need an S like Sam for Super Sagira!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOO, bananas, swimming AND food? Can I be an honorary GR sometime for your next party? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a FUN day! (And I would have stayed out of the water, too!!!) You boys both look SO handsome in your bandanas!
    Love,
    Ammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day!! I love your bandanas...all are so pretty!! Today mom ran into a couple on the Parkway that had a Golden and I thought she was going to leave me behind...she was going crazy over the Golden!!! He was one year old and so beautiful. Have a good night and rest up for tomorrow! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you tell us where you go the bandanas? Love them so much! That looks like a wonderful event with all your friends - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a really great party. Love your new bandannas, and so glad Mr. Monty is fitting in.

    Tucker and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Sam and Monty!
    I can see you had a great time at the Swimfest... even if you were Swimless!
    You two look so happy in all the pictures!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who khould deny THOSE smiles!?!

    Thanks fur sharing!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  10. We would rather beg for food than go for a swim too! Love your bandanas!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  11. love both of yr bandanas! its so nice. yr mom did a great job!

    and it sure looks like u two had ALOT of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello sam and monty its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow yoo ar like a sooperhero organizayshun!!! i will kall yoo the leeg of golden retreevers!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoahhhhh! Amazing super day, boys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! We had big smiles for every photo. What fun!!!! Fantastic event. We've never been to one with pool and bbq!!!!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish we had events like this nearby - what a fun way to meet a lot of dog lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't blame you boys for not wanting to swim—your coats looked SO BEAUTIFUL! I bet mom worked hard to get you looking so great! The bandanas were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sam! THanks for visiting my blog!

    Where do you live? My favoritist thing in the world is swimming, but we don't have any doggy swimming parks like that around here. I want to move to your town!

    It looks like the most fun ever, and your bandanas are really cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like summer is off to a great start! Wish Murphy and I could have been there. He likes to swim, but only comes in through the shallow end...no jumping in the deep end for him. I showed him the bandanas...he wants one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was so great to see Monty and Sam, oh and you guys too. I could hardly believe my eyes but I know that Monty put on some weight. He looked amazing and so happy. Thanks for continuing to work with him. I cried when you walked out the gate but I knew that Monty was going home. Glad you could come to Swimfest. Love ya, Monty's Foster Mom

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like fun was had by all! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
    SIERRA-DOG

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, Sam has obviously been filling Monty's head with the terrors of water. Must avoid water at all costs. Water BAD. Baths = WORSE.

    ~Frisky

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so happy I found your blog, Sam, beclaws it's very entertaining and beclaws I love golden retrievers very much! I live with my pawrents who are pet sitters and they take me to walk with 2 golden retrievers who are brudder and sistah and I have lots of fun times with them.
    I live in NH and I can't understand why we haven't had a swim fest here....hmmmm....maybe it's because it's not as hot here as it is over there...or maybe we are not as dog friendly as you Arizonies.
    By the way, I LOVE your bandanas! Can I have one? Can your mom make one for me? Does your mom sew stuff to sell to people and dogs? I am new here and I am not in the "loop" yet so please bark back soon so I can have a snazzy thing around my neck!
    If you and your furriends visit me you'll notice my mom started a FLOPPY-EARED CAPTION CONTEST and the prize is exciting BUTT you have to enter your caption by Thursday nite! Come over and see what it's all about! Woof!
    -Daisy the Coonhound-

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, this warms my heart to see Monty out and about :) What a great day for both!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been to several Swimfest with various AZGR dogs... and it has always been a blast! Glad Sam and Monty thought so too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great event. Abbey would have knocked everyone out of the way to get to the water!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! That looks as if it was a blast. Great pics and a great time I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete