We don't have an update, really. Aaron and I feel like we are swimming in some great unknown with Sam's condition. Keeping him on high doses of Prednisone and Tramadol are helping, but the wobbliness and unsteadiness is still there. The neurologist admitted it is out of her hands and beyond the scope of her knowledge, so our next option is an orthopedic vet.
Begging for popcorn...
I think the hardest part is we feel unless there is a change, we are at the edge of a big decision. We've noticed changes in Sam, although, we aren't sure if all of them are related to the medicine or not. We can easily say some of them are - panting, the excessive need to pee, restlessness... Sam is happy enough, his appetite is good, but we know his issues are causing him some discomfort. He spends a lot of time resting and at times seems very remote and distant. When he walks, his wobbliness occasionally gets so bad he crashes to the ground. We try to support him as much as possible and help him, but Sam has always been independent.
Keeping an eye on Mom...
Currently, we try to keep him happy. We fuss over him, let him do what he wants, and take him on short walks to keep him going.
I love Sam.
Every day we pray for more time and that this can be resolved. We hate not knowing what is wrong with our special boy. Please keep him in your prayers. Hopefully the orthopedic vet can shed some positive light on Sam's situation.